Conventional wisdom has taught that one should not sell a home during the holiday season. While there are unique challenges to selling a home during this time of year, there are also several advantages you may want to consider before impulsively taking your home off the market until the new year.
Advantages of Selling During the Holidays
These three articles break down all of the benefits you’ll most likely notice if you decide to sell during the holiday season.
- Selling Your House During the Holidays: Don’t wait until the new year to list your property by Diana Lundin of Realtor.com
- 3 Advantages of Selling Your Home During The Holidays by www.daveramsey.com
- 10 Benefits of Selling Your Home During the Holidays by showingsuites.com
Tips for Selling Your Home During the Holidays
Now that you understand the advantages of selling your home during the holidays and are committed to the idea, here are a couple of resources that will help you be successful.
- Top 10 Tips for Selling Your Home During the Holidays by Frontdoor.com
- Selling Your Home In Winter of Fall...Good Idea or Not? by Ferris Property Group
Staging Your Home During the Holidays
No matter what time of year that you sell your home, you’ll want to stage it. During the holiday season though, staging is especially important as holiday decorations can be used to create a very inviting setting. However if done wrong, they can turn potential buyers off. Use these resources to help you stage your home correctly during the holidays.
- 7 Ways To Stage Your Home for Sale This Holiday Season by Frontdoor.com
- Staging Your Home During the Holidays by Lisa Baer of Baer Home Design
Have you sold a house during the holidays? What was your experience like? If you are in the central Indiana area and are considering selling your home during the holiday season, the Ferris Property Group is here to help. We are committed to providing a positive selling experience for our clients -- regardless of the time of year.